Revised Syllabus For the Session 2021-22
BUSINESS MATHEMATICS AND STATISTICS
FIRST YEAR PAPER-1
Unit-I Business Arithmetic:
- Profit and Loss: Concept, Calculation of Selling Price, Cost Price, Profit or Loss percentage, Concept & Types of Price, Discount.
- Partnership: Concept, Characteristics, important terms, types of partnership, calculation of Profit Sharing Ratio.
- Logarithm: Concept, Features, Properties, types & methods of Logarithm, Laws of Logarithmic Operation, Determination of Log & Antilog under the common logarithm system, interpolation of logarithms, Methods of Logarithm.
- Simple & Compound Interest: Concept, Types, Calculation of simple interest, Concept & features of Compound Interest and calculation of compound interest. (Simple problems only).
Unit-II Business Arithmetic
- Stock & Share: Concept, Features, Classification of Stock and Shares, Share Vs Stock, calculation of Dividend, Yield, income, cost of investment, Nominal and Market value of Shares, ex-dividend and cum dividend price of a share.
Unit-III Business Statistics:
- Conceptual Framework of Statistics: Meaning, Definition, Origin & Growth
- Characteristics, Scope & functions of Statistics
Unit-IV Business Statistics:
- Data: Types of Data – Primary and Secondary Data
- Methods of Collection of Primary & Secondary data . .
— ALL THE BEST —